are seeking for
DOCTORAL (PhD) CANDIDATES
under the University-Industry PhD Program supported by TÜBİTAK (no. 2244).
Research topics include but are not limited to the following areas of
material science, nanotechnology and other related fields:
Nanomaterials, Metamaterials, Polymers, Composites, Coatings,
Conducting/Semiconducting Materials, and Lasers
Enrollment Requirements by UNAM for PhD Programs at Bilkent
- Candidates should meet the acceptance and enrollment requirements of Bilkent University Graduate School of Engineering and Science.
- Students who already have a MS degree or will graduate this year with a MS can apply for one of the PhD Programs at Bilkent University Graduate School. Also, students that have a BS degree (but no MS degree as of yet) or will graduate this year with a BS can directly apply to one of the Integrated PhD Programs at Bilkent University Graduate School (without requiring a MS degree at the time of application).
- Among the PhD Programs (directly after BS or following MS) at Bilkent Graduate School are the Materials Science and Engineering (MSN), Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Physics (PHYS), and Chemistry (CHEM) graduate programs, which are likely to cover the thesis topics and support the thesis supervision relevant to this TUSAŞ-UNAM University-Industry PhD program.
Application requirements for Bilkent Graduate School can be found in the following links:
Requirements by Turkish Aerospace
- Applicants should hold Turkish citizenship.
- Candidates are expected to have a minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 75 (out of 100), or equivalently 3.00 (out of 4.00) for their BS graduation and also a good level of English (TOEFL IBT 84+, IELTS 6.5+, TOMER 79+) for possible recruitment by TUSAŞ.
- Motivation to work in the aerospace industry.
- Self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Target-oriented working style with analytical problem solving skills.
- CV and Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- If available, the Proof of BS and/or MS Degrees, Test Results of ALES, GRE, and/or GMAT (if any), and English Proficiency (as required).
How to Apply?
Applicants must submit their PhD application through Bilkent University Graduate Application System available at https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/gradapp/ and also the applicant must inform UNAM Administration about their application to TUSAŞ-UNAM TÜBİTAK 2244 University-Industry PhD Program via sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at the same time with their PhD Application to Bilkent Graduate School.
PhD applications will be evaluated by the Graduate Admission Committee of UNAM and Bilkent Graduate School and the pre-selected candidates for TUSAŞ-UNAM TÜBİTAK 2244 will be interviewed both by Turkish Aerospace and UNAM.
TÜBİTAK 2244 – Industry PhD Program Description
This program provides financial support to train qualified human resources with PhD degrees for collaboration between university and industry and to provide an employment option in industry. For more details, follow the link below:
- Tuition waiver (34,900 TL/year for the Academic Year 2018-2019)
- A commitment will be signed between Turkish Aerospace and successful students on 7th term of the PhD Program for full-time employment
- Monthly stipend (net 4,500 TL/month)
- Housing support
- Private health insurance
- A laptop computer
- Meal card